Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Parrot Polish Iris Review


So today I actually have a non-Zoya polish for you. Lately people have been raving about a relatively new polish brand, Parrot Polish. I decided to try them out myself since free shipping on all orders in the U.S. is pretty tempting. Of course, their polishes also run at a higher price than the indies I normally purchase, so they're making up the cost of shipping in other ways.

My first order was for the thermal holo (yes, you read that combination correctly) Iris. When it is warm, you get a very pretty bright pink. It shifts to a deep purple when your fingers are cold. This was my first thermal polish, so I wasn't completely sure what to expect with how easily it would shift from warm to cold. I found the polish to shift fairly easily. Or the circulation in my hands isn't very good.

While I was at work I noticed my polish shift back and forth between the two colors pretty regularly. Maybe my hands get cold while typing easily.

This is the cold state of Iris.
Warm state of Iris.
This is what makes me love thermals. The cool gradient look you get in between hot and cold.
The formula on this polish was a little thicker than I'm used to, but it was nearly a one-coater. Pictures above are all of two coats with a topcoat. I don't remember which topcoat I used. Possibly KBShimmer's Clearly On Top, which is my go-to topcoat.

I've already placed two more orders for more Parrot Polish thermals, so you can expect another review soon.

You can purchase Parrot Polish online from their website. I do not receive any referral benefits from recommending them and I purchased this polish myself. This particular polish retails for $12 and has free shipping within the U.S. on any order.










































































I also received a free mini polish and a heart shaped bar of soap in my order, which they throw into all orders from what I can tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment